The Work License procedure in Singapore is handled by the Ministry of Workforce. On the basis of the nature of the work, instructional credentials and the quantity of income drawn per month one can get a Work License or an Employment Pass.
This is for semi-skilled or inexperienced individuals who earn less the SGD 2,500 a month.
Problems for Employee –
- Must be above 16 years of age
- Can not remain in Singapore while the application is being refined
Problems for Employer –
- The prospective employer needs to initially put on the Controller of Work Authorization before employing a foreigner
- He has to furnish a down payment of $5,000 per employee in the kind of Financial institution Warranty or Insurance Policy Assurance.
- Should obtain the In-Principal Authorization (IPA) stating authorization of the job authorization.
Refine Time –
As the job license is provided primarily to the inexperienced workers, the employment relies on the market they can operate in. The moment required to release it is usually 2 to 7 days.
Downsides of Work Authorization –
They are not enabled to bring their partner, youngsters or any type of various other family members. Nevertheless, if the kids of the job authorization holders desires to examine in Singapore, they can do so by writing a Qualifying Examination. For more information about how to get an employment pass in Singapore, click on this link.
- This is provided to individuals that have instructional credentials
- It is categorized into ‘P’ Pass (P1 and also P2 Pass) and ‘Q’ Pass
- P1 Pass is for those with an income over SG$ 7,000 and P2 for those with a revenue in between SG$ 3,500 and 7,000 monthly
- An individual with a minimum instructional qualification as well as earnings over SG$ 2,500 is gotten approved for ‘Q’ Pass
Files Required –
- EP Application Form 8 recommended by the Singapore employing firm
- Duplicates of educational certificates and also previous employment testimonials
- Passport-size photograph taken within the past three months
- Copy of the personal details page of the candidate’s key.
Treatment and also Refine Time –
- Finished application has to be submitted to the Ministry of Manpower
- The handling time has to do with 3-4 weeks from the date of invoice of the application
- The authorization letter for an Employment Pass stands for 6 months from the date it is released
- A new candidate might be issued Employment Pass of approximately two years
- The Work Pass may be renewed each time for a period of 2-5 years
- The application may be rejected taking into account numerous variables like applicant’s work experience, company’s credentials, incomplete applications etc.
Advantages as well as Negative Aspects of ‘P’ and ‘Q’ Pass –
- ‘P’ Pass owners can look for both Reliant Pass as well as Long-Term Visit Masquerade their family members.
- ‘Q’ Pass holders can just look for Dependent Pass however are not eligible to look for Long-Term Check out Pass.
- The Dependent Pass is valid as long as the Work Pass is valid.
- Employment Pass holders are eligible to request Permanent Home of Singapore.
Renewal – The application for revival of Work Pass should be sent 2 months before the expiry date.